Popular Posts

Thursday, September 11, 2014

It's... Throwback Thursday! Exercise style!


The 80's had some pretty awesome (sometimes ridiculous) exercise equipment and exercise gear.  What stands out for you?  For me, it's the funky leotards and legwarmers. Shhhhh...  Don't tell anyone that I secretly desire these again ;)


Exercise tapes.  They were a dime a dozen. (Not literally, kids.)  Jane Fonda, Kathy Smith, Suzanne Somers, Olivia Newton John, and Richard Simmons to just name a few. Denise Austin was my favorite by far!


  How about this throwback exercise equipment?!  The Thighmaster is iconic, millions of people "squeezed" daily.  The Schwinn stationary bike was...well, a bike with a fan attached to it??  And The Gazelle.  Who can forget the infomercials on this one?!  I think Tony Little sold it with his "prettiness physique".  And actually, thank you Google, I see that it is still sold today! 




Workout Attire.  My favorite!!  Who wouldn't want to sweat it out with a funky zebra printed leotard and some legwarmers?!  I know my ankles get cold...


Just maybe the ridiculous fitness craze of the 80's lead to the ridiculous obesity craze that plagues us now???

No comments:

Post a Comment