Popular Posts

Friday, September 12, 2014

What's your excuse?


"I don't have time to workout." "I'm too tired." "Exercise is boring"  "The kids don't leave me alone."  

Any of these sound familiar? I'm guilty of using them more than a time or two.  Excuses allow us to feel better about the poor choices we make.  Excuses won't get you any further into your fitness journey and they'll only set you back, allowing you to continue on in your comfort zone.  

"I don't have time to workout."  Time.  Don't we all wish that there was more of it?  We all have different priorities that run our day to day life.  Me? I work part-time, and have a household of five to look after.  One toddler, two children with above average needs and a husband who is very busy in his own career.  But, when I decided to take on my fitness journey, I made the time.  I wake up earlier or go to bed later in order to fit in my workout.  What's 20-40 minutes a day? Everything!  It will change your life.  Promise.  

"I'm too tired."  Zzzzzzzzz...  Funny thing about exercise.  It gives you more energy!  Before I started exercising on a regular basis, I used to have to take naps with my toddler just to make it through the day!  Now, I have so much more energy and guess what?! No naps!  

"Exercise is boring."  Exercise is what you make it.  Soooo...  Make it FUN!  I personally love my Beachbody work-out DVDs that I can do in the privacy of my own basement.  But, maybe you find that boring.  Find your niche!  Maybe it's joining a local Beachbody Fit Club so you can experience a live workout or maybe it's playing Wii Sports or X-box Kinect.  If I get bored, there's nothing more intense than some Dance Dance Revolution!  

"The kids don't leave me alone."  I have this problem all the time.  So know what I do?  I ask them to join me!  So far, every member of my family has joined me at least once in a PiYo workout.  And if a workout isn't their style, get outside! Jump rope, playground, hide and seek, walking, riding bikes -the possibilities are abundant!      

What I'm trying to say is stop making excuses for not exercising. There are so many opportunities to be active, you just need to decide to take advantage of it.  Do it for no one else but you.  You will be surprised of what capabilities you have. Not to mention the success ;) 


#noexcuses

No comments:

Post a Comment